Having Willy Cookies at your Hen Party is guaranteed to keep the girls giggling all night! If you have the time and enjoy a bit of baking, I would encourage you to get your baking mode on!
Below you will find our personal favourite, and what we believe to be The Best Willy Cookie Recipe. It will ensure the cookies keep their shape and perfect if you want to prepare a few days prior, as you can either freeze undecorated or store the cookies in a seal tight container.
Check out our Willy Cookie Cutter Mould, which comes in three sizes and are made of quality stainless steel. If you also want to make Chocolate Willies or Jelly Shots, you can use a Silicone Willy Mould Tray.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- Shift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- Mix on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours (IMPORTANT).
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar. Remove one wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator at a time, sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick.
- Move the dough around and check underneath frequently to make sure it is not sticking. If dough has warmed during rolling, place cold cookie sheet on top for 10 minutes to chill.
- Get your desired size of your Willy Cookie Cutter Mould (placing at least an inch apart) on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking time.
- Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removal from oven and then move to complete cooling on wire rack.
- Serve your Willy Cookies as is or decorated - see below
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week
Dont' forget to bake until hard!
Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown